Banff’s finest family accommodation welcomes dogs!
We know that your dog is a part of the family, so we are happy to provide comfortable lodging for all members of your family.
To book a dog-friendly room, call reservations toll free at 1-800-661-9267.
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets offers a limited number of dog friendly condos in our outside units. Remember to mention that you are bringing a dog when booking your condo. Your dog friendly condo comes with a food dish and water bowl.
We look forward to welcoming you and your dog on your next stay at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets!
To ensure a safe and comfortable stay for you and your fellow guests, please note the following guidelines:
- The Douglas Fir Resort has many young guests who are susceptible to dog allergens; this is why we maintain 94% of our rooms as completely dog free. Because of this, all dog friendly rooms MUST be booked prior to arrival. No exceptions. A fee of $350.00 will be charged if a pet is found in a pet free room.
- The resort reserves the right to deny dog friendly stays as they see fit. All dog friendly bookings must be pre-approved prior to arrival.
- Maximum of two dogs per condo.
- Your dog is not to be left unattended in the room, unless in an appropriate kennel.
- Dogs are not allowed in Dog Free rooms and public hotel spaces.
- In accordance with Town of Banff bylaws and Banff National Park regulations, your dog(s) must be on a leash at all times when outside and dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
- Should your dog create a disturbance affecting the comfort of other guests, you will be expected to compensate the hotel for this loss of revenue.
- Any damages to the room caused by your dog will result in additional charges to your credit card.
We pay special attention to our dog friendly rooms. Therefore, there is a dog charge of $25.00 per day per dog (all taxes included), to cover additional cleaning charges. The Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets donates 5% of all dog fees to the Bow Valley SPCA.
Concerned about allergies?
Not to worry! Most of our rooms are kept “dog free.” Only a select few rooms are designated to house dogs. All our rooms are non-smoking.