1. What “Added Value” is included in your room rate?
It is the objective of the Management of Douglas Fir Resort to always provide value for your dollar. We believe that once you check in to our property, you should not have to worry about paying for all of the extras…such as internet, parking, local phone calls and firewood.
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary local telephone calls
- Complimentary, unlimited transportation on the Town of Banff Roam bus (obtain a bus pass at the Front Desk)
- Complimentary access to our giant indoor waterslides
- Complimentary access to our huge indoor kids playzone
- Complimentary firewood for our wood-burning fireplaces
- Complimentary coffee (in your room) and tea (available on request)
And of course, our kitchens help you save!
2. What kitchen items are found in all rooms at the Douglas Fir Resort? Will I have to bring my own utensils?
We are always striving to ensure we provide everything you will need to prepare a home cooked meal in the comfort of your own room. All rooms are fully stocked with the following items:
- Coffee cups, Highball glasses, Juice glasses and Wine glasses
- Bowls, Soup Plates, Salad plates and Dinner plates
- Forks, Knives, Tea spoons and Soup spoons, tongs
- Bread knife, French cook knife, Steak knife and Paring knife
- Potato peeler, Potato masher, Whisk, Egg Flipper, Cheese grater, Slotted spoon, Soup ladle, Bottle opener, Can opener and Corkscrew
- Loaf pan, Large & Small metal bowls, Large & Small frying pans, Splatter screen, 1 Large pot, 1 Medium pot & 1 x 1 Small pot, cookie sheet
- Measuring cup, Juice jug, Colander, Tea Pot and Cutting board
- Tea kettle, Toaster, Coffee maker (with filters & coffee ) and Ice bucket
- Salt & Pepper shakers, Sugar & Coffee Mate
- Paper Towels, Pot holders, Tea towels and a Dish cloth
3. What are my options for getting downtown?
We are located at 525 Tunnel Mountain Road, just minutes above downtown Banff. You may walk downtown in just 20 minutes or drive downtown in just 3 minutes. However, we now include complimentary, unlimited access on the Town of Banff Roam Bus system for our guests. Now you can leave your car safely parked at our property and let the professionals do the driving! The bus picks up in front of our property every forty minutes and has two routes: downtown, Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel and Banff Upper Hot Springs.
4. Do you provide cribs for infants?
We are pleased to offer complimentary playpens for children up to three years old. Please ask the front desk upon booking.We do not have cribs
5. What are the hours of the Giant Indoor Playzone?
Daily 9am until 8pm
6. What are the hours of the giant indoor Waterslides?
Monday – Friday 4:00pm-9:00pm. Sat-Sunday 9:00am – 9:00pm. Subject to change for long weekends and holidays.
7. If I am not a guest of the hotel can I access the Waterslides?
The Waterslides are open to Guests of Douglas Fir Resort only.
8. What are the hours of the Private Guest Pool? – Closed
9. What is the amount of water consumption used by the dishwashers in the rooms?
Many guests are hesitant to use a dishwasher due to environmental concerns and we are often asked about their water consumption, so we found out:
Our dishwashers use approximately 21.8 litres of water in a normal wash cycle. To give you a comparison, this is equal to a two and a half minute shower (which uses 24 litres).
10. What are the check in & check out times?
You may check in any time after 4pm. Check out time is anytime before 11am.We cannot guarantee early check – ins, late check outs can be requested but will depend on occupancy of the hotel.
11. What restaurants & bars are available in Banff?
Check out www.banfflakelouise.com for a great listing of differing dining options in Banff.
We are happily taking suggestions on what information you want to know about our hotel.
If you have any questions please email to email@example.com